Tripped on a pavement – what should you do?
November 9, 2018
If you unlucky enough to injure yourself tripping over a broken paving slab or in a pothole, it is important to make sure you gather evidence in case your personal injury solicitor advises that you can make a claim.
In a typical case, our personal injury solicitors advise you take the following steps:
- Take photographs of the accident location – put a ruler or something like a matchbox or a 50p piece up against the bit you tripped on so we can how high it is sticking up
- Take photos of the area around the bit you tripped on
- Look around to see if there are any CCTV cameras around – if there are, make a note of where
- Make a note of the names of anyone who witnessed the accident (or even just its aftermath)
- If anyone passing says it’s been like that for ages, get their name and address or at least a phone number
- Make a note of exactly where the accident happened – the number of the nearest house or the nearest shop
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Report it to the local council or contact us and we can do that for you
If you have been involved in a slip in a shop, contact our Personal Injury solicitors would be happy to help. The more information you can give us, the more likely it is that we can make a successful claim for you.
The information contained in this article is intended for general guidance only. It provides useful information but it is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice as the articles do not take into account specific circumstances. So do please Contact US for legal advice on the issues raised.