Motorcyclist injured in a road accident – what should you do?
February 8, 2019
If you unlucky enough to be injured while out riding your bike, it is important to make sure you gather evidence in case your personal injury solicitor advises that you can make a claim.
In a typical case, our personal injury solicitors advise you take the following steps:
- Take photographs of the damage to your bike and the other vehicle as well as the location of the accident and where the bike and the car ended up
- Make a note of the names of anyone who witnessed the accident (or even just its aftermath)
- Make a note of exactly how the accident happened – draw a sketch of the road and the position of the vehicles and your bike
- Exchange insurance details, names and addressed with the other driver or drivers
- Get a couple of estimates for the repairs and replacement of your bike, any helmet or clothing or boots, etc….
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Contact our personal injury solicitors as quickly as you can
If you have been knocked off your motorbike, contact our Personal Injury solicitors would be happy to help. The more information you can give us, the more likely it is that we can make a successful claim for you.
The information contained in this article is intended for general guidance only. It provides useful information but it is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice as the articles do not take into account specific circumstances. So do please Contact US for legal advice on the issues raised.