Slipped in a shop – what should you do?
November 19, 2018
If you unlucky enough to injure yourself slipping in a shop, it is important to make sure you gather evidence in case your personal injury solicitor advises that you can make a claim.
In a typical case, our personal injury solicitors advise you take the following steps:
- Report the accident to Customer Services, a manager, or any other staff member
- Insist the accident is recorded in their Accident Book
- Remember to check what is written in the Accident Book before signing it – don’t sign something which isn’t accurate
- Make sure you get a copy of the Accident Book entry (or any other record made about the accident)
- Take photographs of the accident location – if you’ve slipped on a wet floor or on something spilled on the floor something, make sure you take pictures of it
- Ask that any CCTV footage is preserved
- Make a note of the names of anyone who witnessed the accident (or even just its aftermath)
- See the first aider in the shop (if there is one) – don’t feel embarrassed and say you’re fine. If you’re feeling any pain, make sure you say so!
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
If you have been involved in a slip in a shop, contact our Personal Injury solicitors would be happy to help. The more information you can give us, the more likely it is that we can make a successful claim for you.
The information contained in this article is intended for general guidance only. It provides useful information but it is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice as the articles do not take into account specific circumstances. So do please Contact US for legal advice on the issues raised.