Accident at work – what should you do?
October 26, 2018
If you unlucky enough to be involved in an accident at your place of work and hurt yourself, it is important to make sure you gather evidence in case your personal injury solicitor advises that you can make a claim.
In a typical case, our personal injury solicitors advise you take the following steps:
- Report the accident to Management (or at least make sure someone at work knows about it)
- Insist the accident is recorded in your employers’ Accident Book
- Remember to check what is written in the Accident Book before signing it – don’t sign something which isn’t accurate
- Make sure you get a copy of the Accident Book entry (and any other record made about the accident)
- Take photographs of the accident location and any machinery or equipment involved – if you’ve slipped on a wet floor or tripped on something, make sure you take pictures of it
- Ask that any CCTV footage is preserved
- Make a note of the names of anyone who witnessed the accident (or just its aftermath
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
If you have been involved in an accident at work or in a public place that wasn’t your fault, contact our Personal Injury solicitors would be happy to help. The more information you can give us, the more likely it is that we can make a successful claim for you.
The information contained in this article is intended for general guidance only. It provides useful information but it is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice as the articles do not take into account specific circumstances. So do please Contact US for legal advice on the issues raised.