Injured by a faulty item you’ve bought or received as a gift – what should you do?
January 11, 2019
If you unlucky enough to be injured using a faulty item, it is important to make sure you gather evidence in case your personal injury solicitor advises that you can make a claim.
In a typical case, our personal injury solicitors advise you take the following steps:
- Take photographs of the damaged item, any instructions, warnings on the packaging, and details of the maker
- Make a note of the names of anyone who witnessed the accident (or even just its aftermath)
- Make a note of exactly how the accident happened
- Keep the receipt, the packaging and the faulty item – these can be really important evidence
- If the item was a gift, ask the person who gave it to you where they bought it and when, and get the receipt from them
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible
- Contact our personal injury solicitors as quickly as you can
If you have been injured by a faulty item, contact our Personal Injury solicitors would be happy to help. The more information you can give us, the more likely it is that we can make a successful claim for you.
The information contained in this article is intended for general guidance only. It provides useful information but it is not a substitute for obtaining legal advice as the articles do not take into account specific circumstances. So do please Contact US for legal advice on the issues raised.